This method of weight loss is called low carb. Its essence lies in the increased consumption of proteins and, which is strange, fat, but the amount of carbohydrates is significantly reduced.
To compensate for the lack of carbohydrates and, consequently, energy, the body begins to process the accumulated fat deposits into ketone bodies. They are sent to the brain, which uses them as an additional source of energy. As a result, you are intensely getting rid of excess fat.
Keto diet rules
The diet will "work" only if all the rules are followed:
- The amount of carbohydrates in the diet is limited and is calculated on the principle of 1 g per kg of body weight.
- You need to eat dinner at least 3 hours before bed, so as not to burden the digestive tract with work.
- Try to drink as much fluid as possible (at least 2 liters a day). Allowed drinks include green tea and still water.
- Starchy foods, sugar and sweets, packaged juices and soda, pasta are completely excluded from the diet.
Note! A ketone diet involves reducing the daily diet by 500 calories.
Then let’s look at the menu options to understand the principle of nutrition. If desired, you can replace the products with similar ones.
Option number 1
- Breakfast: scrambled eggs with tomato and grated cheese.
- Lunch: turkey and broccoli soup.
- Dinner: cottage cheese with salted berries.
Note! It is allowed to drink natural coffee for breakfast, but without cream and sugar.
Option number 2
- Breakfast: apple stuffed with fresh cheese.
- Lunch: steamed salmon + asparagus.
- Dinner: mushrooms in sour cream sauce.
Option number 3
- Breakfast: slices of avocado sprinkled with lemon juice.
- Lunch: chicken souffle + vegetable stew.
- Dinner: fish chops.
Note! You can use walnuts, fermented milk, kefir or natural yogurt for snacks.
Advantages and disadvantages of a ketogenic diet
Consider the main advantages:
- You can lose about 5 pounds of excess weight in a week;
- There is no painful feeling of hunger;
- Sufficiently varied diet and good taste of food;
- Maintaining nice muscle relief.
Doctors often criticize the ketogenic diet because it has the following side effects:
- Intoxication of the body;
- Nausea and fainting;
- The smell of acetone from the body;
- Disorder of the digestive tract.
Note! All of the above manifestations are mostly found in those who adhere to such a diet for more than a week. In other cases, the risks are minimized.
This diet is contraindicated for the following people:
- Pregnant women;
- Children under 18;
- Patients with serious pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract or urinary organs;
- Patients with diabetes mellitus.
Bitan! Be sure to consult your doctor before using a ketogenic diet!
The ketogenic diet is the only weight loss system that allows you to consume fat while losing weight. By following her rules, after 7 days you will be able to show off your slim figure!